Friday, March 4, 2011
Volunteer!
Though we don't volunteer for callings in the Church, in the case of Zion's camp it is almost seems as if they did. Because they chose to volunteer for Zions camp many them were trusted in the highest councils of Church. One might well ask, "What voluntary choices affect one's service in the Church today?" I suppose that the choice of career may have something to do with it. Not that some careers are preferred above others, but rather that the availability some careers provide for Church service allows for greater investments of time and effort. Similarly choices involving hobbies and whether or not to magnify ones calling likely have a significant effect. What if I had less hobbies and was able to magnify my service my service in the Church more fully? I need and seek perspective on this one - not that I desire to attain a certain calling or position, but rather that I desire to be of better service where I stand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Others' Shoes
I brought a couple pair of old dad shoes, but its others' that have left lasting impressions on me here. “ Hal, when you meet someone...
-
It’s certainly not good - but maybe for my standards. I painted Christi’s nails during the 7th day of her hospitals stay. That’s about the t...
-
Mom would say it while guiding Christi’s hand to smack the bed. Christi would laugh. “Mom gets it. She sees me.” It’s hard to honestly. Ima...
-
It was easy to cheer for the other guy. That's kind of hard for me to say regarding anybody on Penn State's wrestling roster ever. A...
No comments:
Post a Comment