Monday, June 9, 2014
Tastes Like Truth
"This is good doctrine. It tastes good. I can taste the principles of eternal life, and so can you. They are given to me by the revelations of Jesus Christ; and I know that when I tell you these words of eternal life as they are given to me, you taste them, and I know that you believe them." - Joseph Smith (King Follett discourse)
I guess it is as fair a comparison as any. Just like "hearing the still small voice" of the Spirit whisper truth to your soul isn't something done with your ears necessarily - the taste of truth is another powerful sensory metaphor.
"You are what you eat," is another reason I like this quote. I guess it is true both physically and spiritually.
Jesus said, "Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth the man, but that which cometh out of the mouth, that defileth the man...those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart, and they defile the man." (Matthew 15:11, 18)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Others' Shoes
I brought a couple pair of old dad shoes, but its others' that have left lasting impressions on me here. “ Hal, when you meet someone...
-
It’s certainly not good - but maybe for my standards. I painted Christi’s nails during the 7th day of her hospitals stay. That’s about the t...
-
Mom would say it while guiding Christi’s hand to smack the bed. Christi would laugh. “Mom gets it. She sees me.” It’s hard to honestly. Ima...
-
It was easy to cheer for the other guy. That's kind of hard for me to say regarding anybody on Penn State's wrestling roster ever. A...
No comments:
Post a Comment